Space Management Group
The Space Management Group (SMG) is responsible for the allocation of all non-residential space within the estate in-line with University strategy. It aims are as follows:
- Continue to improve space management performance at the University.
- Maintain an equitable allocation of space for all University space users.
- Prioritise the allocation of space where competing needs exist.
- Ensure that the University’s vision and strategy for learning is reflected in the provision of appropriate spaces.
- Continue to develop policy, procedures and guidelines to improve the working environment for all staff and students.
- Comment and make recommendations in respect of proposals for change of use or the reconfiguration of space.
- Review, critically, current usage of space.
The SMG is chaired by the Deputy Vice Chancellor, Strategic Resources and includes all faculty representation and support department members.