The University is committed to maintaining and enhancing the biodiversity present of USW sites, as outlined in our Environmental Strategy 2015-2020.
To help promote biodiversity the University has implemented a number of measures:
- Bee friendly planters at the Cardiff ATRiuM Campus.
- Bird and bat boxes are in place on Treforest and Glyntaff Campuses.
- Herbicide and Pesticide use has been reduced around the margins of the playing fields at the Sports Park.
- A fertilizing regime which minimizes the use of inorganic (nitrate based) fertilizer is used at the Sports Park to reduce the risk of nitrate run-off.
- A green roof has been installed on the HUB accommodation break out zone.
- A wild meadow area is present at our Upper Glyntaff campus.
- A green wall has been installed on the roof terrace of the Student Union building.